Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Who else is over the overuse of the word "NOW"

Is anyone else over the use of the word "NOW" by Australian television reporters and journalists.  Nearly every sentence these days - especially by reporters in the field - begins with the word "NOW".  Today I heard Melissa Clarke on the ABC Morning News show say "Now, coming up later......"  How can it be now, if it is coming up later.  You'll hear journalists saying things like, "Now, yesterday I talked to Mr ...."  or "Now, we're hoping to speak with .... in the next cross".  Now, Now, Now.  It is being used as a segue and I would just like to say I'm over it.  Please listen to what you're saying and stop, stop it now.  Now that's all I have to say on that.  Now, I'm going to end here.  Now that's your lot.  Now let's stop using now frequently and switch to using it every now and then, like it used to be.  Now try to keep it off the beginning of your sentences.  Thank you and now I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment